Sunday, November 24, 2013

FOTD: Au Naturale


My first FOTD comes to you from a little double date night out last weekend where I went for a natural "oh I'm not wearing any makeup" makeup look focusing on amping up my eyes by using black liner along both upper and bottom water lines. I usually don't use much black eyeliner for fear of over doing it but I think this imparts the look of fuller lashes, which is always a win in my book.

The skin is kept light and fresh with a dollop of Ulta's factor 70 sun screen (its in a small bottle with a shaker bead inside which reminds me of the much raved about Chanel Vitalumier Aqua; yet another foundation I really want to try) with a small squirt of MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW25 mixed together for a custom tinted moisturizer. Light concealing was done with the Body Shop's concealer stick in 04 (which I'm obsessed with!). I also highlighted the high points of my face with Benefit's Watts Up highlighting stick. For blush I went with Joe Fresh's Hydrangea blush (matte pale pink) to balance out all the glow provided by the highlighter. 

The lips were kept simple with a slick of Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm and NARS velvet matte lip pencil in sex machine. The two lip products are new to my collection and I can already tell they will be on daily rotation!  The lip balm has a cult following and for good reason because its the only thing that has stopped my lips from peeling this winter! Hooray :)

Xo,
Alexa 

No comments:

Post a Comment