Saturday, June 20, 2015

Statement Skirts

I recently unearthed this awesome thrifted patchwork skirt from the depths of my closest and I absolutely can't wait to wear it this summer.  Maybe to Sunday brunch or afternoon tea?  Whenever I wear something crazy and loud, I like to anchor it with simple basics to keep the look grounded and pulled together.  This F21 cropped halter is on the cheap and the neckline shows just enough shoulder without feeling too exposed.

Cropped Halter: Forever21 / Skirt: Thrifted / Shoes: Schutz / Duckface: free
 
Obviously handmade, this skirt features some interesting embroidered creatures.  I'm picturing a super cool science teacher painstakingly stitching this together back in the late 70s  >.<  I owe this little find to my sister who bought it at Aardvark's Thrift Shop several years ago.  Unfortunately, the quaint little shop closed several years ago and the SFV is just a little sadder without it.   

Happy weekend!

xo,
Alexa







No comments:

Post a Comment