Some of these are old staples and some are new additions that have really boosted my glow lately!
1. Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe, herbs, and rose water - this has been a staple in my routine and I've repurchased it about 4-5 times. It smells so fresh and is a great pick me up any time of day. I particularly like to spritz this on after washing my face as a toner before applying serums and moisturizer as it prepares the skin and adds another layer of hydration to be locked in by moisturizer. I also keep a travel size of this in my purse for on the go pick me ups.
2. Kate Somerville Exfolikate - I got a small tube of this as a sample from Sephora ages ago and absolutely loved how soft and refreshed it made my skin feel. It's effective yet gentle and smells slightly of nutmeg which I love. I use it about once a week when my skin is feeling exceptionally grimey. Not to mention the rest of your skincare products absorb so much better after you've sloughed off that dull layer of dead skin.
3. Iope Moistgen Serum - this is a new addition to my routine. As I entered my late twenties I figured it was time to add a more concentrated serum. This really feels deeply hydrating without feeling greasy and I've noticed a difference in the texture of my skin in the last month that I've been using it.
4. DHC deep cleansing oil - this is a real miracle worker for my oily dehydrated skin. I've found that foaming cleansers tend to strip my skin of its natural oils and leaves my skin feeling oiler and tight to the point where it feels uncomfortable to make funny faces! This oil is the exact opposite and washes clean without feeling greasy! This teeny tiny bottle went a long way and I can't wait to repurchase. It removes stubborn waterproof makeup and rinses clean! So in love with this. It's also perfect for facial massage (YouTube "Lisa Eldridge facial massage" for reference).
5. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balm - with spf 20 this is a purse staple. It's not sticky but doesn't disappear after you put it on which makes it a winner. It has a light ointment scent but it wears off and is basically unscented - which is how I prefer my lip products.
6. Simple replenishing rich moisturizer - I wear this day and night. It's moisturizing gel like texture agrees with my skin and is suitable for even sensitive skin. It does not contain spf so a separate sunscreen is required for day time (the only con really)
7. Clarisonic Mia 2 - this has been the biggest addition to my routine and I absolutely look forward to using it every night. While some suggest using it only a few times a week, I find that the sensitive bush head used once a day works just fine for me. It has been great at unclogging my pores and keeping my skin happy and ready to absorb all the goodness I mentioned above. Fingers crossed - I haven't had any major breakouts and I really credit that to this cleansing system.
Another little non skincare gadget I use to stay hydrated is my portable desktop humidifier at work. People pass by my desk and are always curious about it. It's super cute and available on Amazon!
What are your skincare saviours?! Share them below - I love experimenting with skincare :)