Thursday, May 11, 2017

IMC: The Mini Metropolis

I'm starting a new series that I'm calling "Inside My Closet" (IMC) where I'll be sharing some of my most used, loved, and highly rotated pieces.  This first installment is dedicated to the Furla Mini Metropolis crossbody bag.  

I remember the first time I laid eyes on it -- we were at dim sum in Flushing and this super chic girl strolled up in her white and green Stan Smiths and a perfectly coordinated emerald green mini metropolis.  I definitely stared way too hard, trying to make out the brand on the shiny silver clasp as she stared down at her phone (probably instagramming, lol -- good thing too, because she would have otherwise noticed me squinting at her bag).  I can't be the only one who's done this, right? 

After months of pining after this bag, I went for the convertible version which allows you to change the flap according to your mood, the days of the week, whenever you damn well feel like it.  I love the versatility, plus it gives my husband an easy way out during Christmas -- there's a huge selection of flaps available ranging from the classic and simple to fur-trimmed and bedazzled.  



I've always been a fan of small bags as I hate lugging around a ton of stuff! It can only fit 5 essentials: 1) wallet (card case size), 2) keys, 3) phone (iphone 7), 4) lip gloss, and 5) compact mirror (I have the BeautyBlender Bloterazzi - obsessed with it, let's save that for another post!).  If I'm lucky, I can get a small concealer and an extra lip product in there too if I'm being greedy!  To sum things up - while this purse is not the one to sneak snacks into the movies with, it's sleek, chic, and the endless possibilities for mixing and matching it to my evolving style make it a staple in my closet! 


What do about you? Are you a big or small bag fan?  Are a you a rare, no bag fan?? Tell me about it in the comments!

Till next post!
Alexa P.

No comments:

Post a Comment