Saturday, November 15, 2014

Foodie Files: CPK-Inspired Thai Chicken Pizza


My local CSA farm share delivers our produce every Monday. And every Monday night I try to rummage through my fridge to figure out what to make first with the week's harvest! This week it was the carrots that saw their way into our bellies first!

With a few items I already had in my fridge: some baked chicken breast, my favorite naan, and shredded mozzarella cheese - I got to work on a quick and easy peanut sauce as the base for my pizza. 

Peanuts (Satay) Sauce:

Ingredients:
Peanut butter 
Sesame oil
Crushed black pepper
Garlic
Carrots (Grated)
Ginger (fresh or powdered)
Water 

A heaping tablespoon of Skippy peanut butter (as you know, this stuff is already super sweet so no need for honey or sugar for this recipe - unless you're using all natural peanut butter a little sweetness will be required), garlic, a splash of sesame oil, ginger, and cracked pepper all went in a microwave safe bowl and into the microwave for about 20 seconds. I added a few tablespoons of water to thin it out followed by a quick stir and it was tasty as can be and ready to slather on the naan. I topped the naan and peanut sauce with a light drizzle of mozzarella, then shredded chicken and grated carrots. Top again with a bit more cheese and throw it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350 F or until the cheese is gooey and the crust is crispy. I added extra grated carrots and fresh cilantro after I pulled it out of the oven, just before serving!  Yum!

Adam claimed that this was better than CPK's Thai pizza -- that's a huge compliment in my book because I love CPK's original!  I'm just glad to have found a way to recreate it at home for those nights when we are craving it but can't be bothered to drag ourselves out in the cold to go get it!

Xo,
Alexa

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I try to keep ingredients for a quick pizza base on hand because making an epic pizza with everything is a good way to use any bits of veggies and whatnot not used during the week!

    Aisling | aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aisling! Definitely a great idea to keep pizza-making basics on hand at all times =)

      Delete