Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nailed it: Navy


I ditched my go-to nude nails this past week when I rediscovered a navy blue nail polish by American Apparel called Passport Blue.  This color has been left neglected at the bottom of my stash for years and I was honestly surprised that the formula held up over time.  The application was deliciously streak free and opaque in just two coats.  Luckily this color is part of their permanent line so you can still find it here for only $7! 

From experience, I know that not all colors by the same brand are made equal.  I love a good Essie nail polish ('Sole Mate' and 'Sweetheart' are staples) but one shade I purchased over the summer is disgustingly streaky and requires a good three coats to look decent (I'm looking at you 'Concrete Jungle'!).  If you're impatient like me, letting three coats dry is an eternity and I can never get away without a smudge or a smear.   

At any rate, back to AA's Passport Blue -- the vsco'd-out photo above doesn't really do it any justice so here's another snap to seal the deal:


The topcoat I used is a cheaper version of my beloved Seche Vite dry fast topcoat. I have used it a handful of times and will post about how they compare so keep a look out for that!

Are you a fan of bold nails, a simple nude, or both?  Share your favorite must-have polishes with me in the comment section... I'll need your recommendations to inform my next hasty decision at the drugstore!

Xo,
Alexa


No comments:

Post a Comment