Thursday, November 20, 2014

What's in Makeup Bag Vol. I

It's always fun having a little snoop through someone's makeup bag; at least I think so! Here's what I carry on the regular (depending on the handbag I'm carrying, the number of items I carry can vary based on the amount of space I have to play with)

However, the usual suspects for any bag (big or small) are lip balm (this one by Khiel's has a cult following for a reason - super hydrating!), powder, concealer (love the Body Shop's stick concealers), and this cool portable compact brush/mirror that I picked up from Target by Sonia Kashuk. 

The lip colors are swapped out during the week depending on my mood, but one thing is always true - I carry a bright red and a nude shade at all times. Reds can instantly amp up your look if you're going out to drinks or dinner after work and can double as a cheek stain in a pinch for those days you need to add extra color to your face!


The nudes I had on hand this week are Jubilee by MAC and Boy by Chanel.  Jubilee is a caramel-y brownish-peach which is the perfect nude shade for olive/Tan skin tones, in my opinion. Chanel's rouge coco shine in Boy is a super sheer mauve with slight shimmer that mimics the natural color of your lips. It was kind of a lot of money to spend on a super basic color but the packaging is beautiful and classic and the shade is universally flattering so there's that!


The red shade is a new(ish) acquisition for me from Anthropologie. I'm always intrigued by their beauty offerings but had never really gotten serious about purchasing anything until this lipstick caught my eye. The shade is Poppy by Albeit Cosmetics. Love the retro gold packaging and the orange-red hue is perfect. 

Other random bits that found their way into my makeup bag (leather pouch from American Apparel) are bobby pins, a random lone throat drop (Ricola's are my fave), and last but not least, Bandaids. You never know when you or someone you know will get a blister or the random cut! 

What are your makeup bag must-haves?  

Xo,
Alexa

1 comment: