Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holiday selfie

I finally took this statement coat out for a spin at an office holiday party.  This was one of those pieces that I went to visit a few times partly because of the price tag (not that it was exorbitantly priced, it's from H&M) but because I didn't feel right about spending that much when I knew that A) it wasn't going anywhere since the racks were stocked with every size and B) a sale was bound to come around especially during the holiday season.

My patience paid off when the price went down to only 35 dollars -- at which point I quickly nabbed my size and raced to the register.  Okay, it wasn't really quite that dramatic, but you get the picture. 

The bold plaid print is so big this season - everyone from Topshop to my fave designer, Marc Jacobs is in on it (:

Coat: H&M (you might still be able to find it on super sale!)  I still see it in stores now and I can't imagine why - I love it so much.// Necklace: Old Navy (purchased ages ago)// Black dress: H&M - just your basic shift dress with sheer organza sleeves. // Tights: Uniqlo.// Faux leather tote: thrifted// Flats: H&M - OMG, I can't believe I'm in head to toe H&M - but I'm sure you wouldn't have guessed it! 

(NOTE: a pair of pointy toe Zara heels were tucked away in my tote, no need for a painful commute when you can quickly change into your heels upon arrival and look as though you've been donning your heels all along!  This is something I've learned to embrace since moving to NYC.)

Since we were all Christmased out from celebrating back home the week before - we opted to spend a quiet night at home with a yummy dinner and A Christmas Story on DVD.  I made roasted pork tenderloin with garlic and rosemary (seriously a match made in food heaven).  Adam whipped up an amazing spinach souffle with a crisp outer crust and melt in your mouth center (yes, we each had our own ramekin of spinach souffle - too good to share!  A batch of stuffing (my dad's recipe) and some pumpkin mashed potatoes rounded out our Christmas feast for two.  We planned to exchange gifts at midnight - but who are we kidding, I have zero patience so we opened around 10PM >.<


I'm feeling super blessed this year and looking forward to all that 2014 has to offer (starting with our wedding in April!).  New years is looming ahead - we don't have any solid plans, except for maybe having a little NYE cocktail party at our place watching the ball drop on TV.

What are your new years eve plans?  Going out or staying in?

xo,
Alexa P.

No comments:

Post a Comment