Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Yearly Chop Vol. 2

As the saying goes, "better late than never"--  I am finally sharing this haircut I got two months ago when I went for this collar-bone-skimming hairdo with bangs cut straight across.  After the wedding, it was such a liberating experience to chop it all off since I no longer needed to maintain length for a bridal updo (phew!).  I can't even begin to express how amazing it felt to have the wind blowing through my newly chopped hair as I walked across the Highline.  Not to mention, this haircut instantly made any remotely cute outfit into an edgy one...I mean button-down shirts buttoned all the way to the top became Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction-esque.  Part of me wants to keep getting it cut this short but I have to admit that the bangs have become a bit of a chore as evidenced by how often I've been pinning them back for work.  When I wake up in the morning, sometimes they just don't want to cooperate.

I got my haircut at the lovely Tomoko Shima Hair Salon in Chelsea just blocks away from Chelsea Market and the Highline.  I have nothing but praises to sing for this place from the friendly staff, clean environment, and amazing cut from my hairdresser, Grace.  They often have deals on Lifebooker for this salon and I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!  They offer quality haircuts at a price that won't cause you to dip into your savings (which is definitely not unheard of in Manhattan).

A shameless #selfie I took when I got home from my hair appointment at Tomoko Shima in Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment