Saturday, October 12, 2013

Feeling Halloweeny

I'm looking forward to Halloween this year.  I have a handful of costume options thanks to a Halloween costume sale we raided a couple of years ago!  I can be A) a fly, B) a zombie bride, or C) a cat (a la halloween 2011 below).  

Adam's costume was a mishmash of things we found at the costume store: handlebar mustache, leather hat, silver badge, all paired with his very own pea coat, plaid shirt, and jeans.  Voila - instant costume! 


The cat is seriously the easiest (and possibly the cheapest) costume ever.  I just bought a five dollar set of ears which came with a tail.  I wore an all black outfit with a fur cape that I purchased from a thrift store and boots.  The makeup was a lot of fun to do - I loved shading in the contours and using black eyeliner on other parts of my face not accustomed to the black pencil!

After watching the season premier of American Horror Story this week -- I'm also contemplating a modern day witch.  I loved all the black outfits they put together for the cast and my newest Zara shoes would totally make for the perfect witchy shoes! I know I'll be wearing these to death this season with tights and the whole nine..



In addition to these shoes, I picked up a few other bits and pieces at H&M and a naughty little purchase from the Bloomingdale's Friends and Family sale.  They will be featured in up coming posts :)

xo
Alexa P.

No comments:

Post a Comment