Monday, October 14, 2013

I ❤ FOOD: Tis the Season (for Pumpkin)

My favorite place to food shop is Trader Joe's.  The prices are reasonable and you can always count on them to have a nice variety of seasonal treats!  I finally got my grubby little hands on a jar of the much raved about Speculoos cookie butter.  Several people have recommended it to me for it's crack-like addictive qualities so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about!  Have you tried it?  Any pairing suggestions are welcome!

As it is the season for pumpkins (carving for Halloween and pie for TG) - I picked up some pumpkin butter!  We've been really into oatmeal lately and a dollop of this will really add a little somethin' somethin' to our next breakfast :)


A couple of weeks ago I tried TJ's pumpkin bagels and devoured all six bagels within a week...  I know my thighs hated me for it -but they were so damn delicious toasted and slathered in honey cream cheese!  During today's trip to the market, I didn't think I would find them again but low and behold - they were fully stocked! Not sure if you can tell from the photo below, but I'm a little obsessed with these at the moment...  Not to worry though - I don't plan on eating all 12 of them this week - I am freezing one of the bags for future consumption!

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bagels: "Made with pumpkin flour and pumpkin pie spice bits"

On your next trip to Trader Joe's, do yourself a favor and pick up a bag of pumpkin bagels.  Whip up your own honey cream cheese by taking a dollop of regular cream cheese, drizzle it with honey, and stir.  I promise you won't regret it.

xo
Alexa P

No comments:

Post a Comment