Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Yearly Chop

I'm semi embarrassed to admit that I only get a haircut about once a year with the occasional self-imposed trim.  Luckily I haven't been prone to split ends which has allowed me to get away with this bad habit for so long.

It's always around this time of year that I start to get the urge to chop it all off!  I've gone from super long mid-back length hair to a bob that reaches to about my chin.  This hair cycle of long to short has been my norm since college.  With my wedding day less than 7 months away (eek!!) I can't go for my usual short hairdo so I've decided to do go with something mid-length.  This way I can let my hair grow back to it's current length by the time the big day rolls around.  Win win, right?

My hair inspiration and muse for this  mid-length cut is none other than Olivia Palermo.  I loved to hate her in MTV's, The City; but damn, I have to admit that I have always loved her personal style from day one.  Her sophisticated and oh so chic outfits and her au natural makeup is always spot on.

Photo: Getty Images (via Glamour.com)

I picked up a Life Booker deal for a cut, conditioning treatment, and blowout at a hair salon called Tomoko Shima on 14th Street.  I'm excited to go because I've heard (and read) some amazing reviews!  Will update again with my experience!

xo,
Alexa P.


No comments:

Post a Comment