Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Everything's Bigger in Texas

I spent this past weekend in Texas for work.  With my flight at the crack of dawn, I threw on a simple sweater, legging jeans, and my army green parka. I love my Jeep swivel wheel suitcase - it really is handy to be able to roll your suit case around seamlessly from any angle. Another traveling staple is a large nylon tote bag that can carry all your necessities. I chose to pack my cross body bag inside (for when we got to Texas) along with my toiletries - don't forget the 311 rule (no more than three ounces, 1 quart bag, 1 bag per person), and my nook. I'm currently reading Man's Search for Meaning by Frankl.  It's a heavy read, but it's an amazing story of perseverance told by a former Aushwitz concentration camp inmate during WWII.


I just had to hit up Dunkin Donuts while I was at the air port.  It's quick and the fall pumpkin flavors are in full effect. Yum!

The highlight of my weekend was definitely seeing hot air balloons take flight for the first time ever! It was so amazing how slowly they rise up into the air - like they were purposely taking their sweet time basking in the glory of all the little people watching them from below.


Among the balloons I saw was this little gem - a pirate balloon complete with a black eye patch and perfectly coiffed mustache!  


Xo,
Alexa P.

No comments:

Post a Comment