Thursday, September 19, 2013

One Sweater, Styled two Ways

Still hung up on the topic of embellished sweaters (see previous post), I thought I'd style ONE amazing Marni sweater TWO ways.

This first look, Tomboy Chic, comes closest to the way I would style this sweater on any given night out.  It's easy and doesn't look like you're trying too hard.  I lived in my boyfriend jeans this summer and now that the weather is cooling down - I'm having a hard time parting with them!

Untitled #2


I am still grieving over this amazing 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target crossbody bag (pictured in yellow above) which has sold out both in stores and online.  His collection launched at Target stores this past Sunday, September 15th.  I strolled into my nearest Target at 9:20AM on launch day only to find empty hangers dangling from the racks where all the merch should have proudly been displayed.

I must've circled the surrounding area five times before the realization that everything was indeed gone, had set in.  The disappointment took the rest of the afternoon to shake off and I began perusing the internet to see how much a real 3.1 Phillip Lim bag would set me back...  Now I see why people were camping out in front of Target at 4AM.  His design for a cool 35 bucks at Target vs. 800+ for his original leather creations at Saks... le sigh!

Moving onward...excuse my Phillip Lim woes!

This last look screams Carrie Bradshaw, one of my style inspirations.  I love the contrast between the sportswear structure of the sweater and all the girly details (neckline embellishments, full skirt, and heels).  Mixing classically feminine pieces with sportswear has become such a huge trend -- one that I'm embracing with open arms!

To top the look off, since it's pretty heavy on the glitz and glam, I'm envisioning uber minimal makeup - just a heaping dose of mascara for that doe-eyed look.

Untitled #3


Would you wear either of these looks? How would you style a gem encrusted sweater like this one?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment